Hope you're all having a great month, and a special welcome to my new subscribers (you know who you are!) This is the place for a monthly dose of what I'm working on, enjoying and contemplating in my VO world.
Here's a brief update on what happened in May:
- Continued work on several eLearning projects on Security Networking, and System Development Lifestyles.
- Began work with a new client on a corporate video for new hire on-boarding, and auditioned for another new client for a long eLearning project (fingers crossed!)
- Began narrating a new audiobook. It's my very first fiction title, West Texas Gunrunners:Laramie Davis, by B.S. Dunn, and it's a Western to boot. Having lots of fun with this one!
- Created a YouTube video to use for my commercial demo. This works great as a media link on your LinkedIn Summary! And I've been practicing commercial reads by looking up commercials on YouTube and trying to match the read. This really helps with pacing and proper word emphasis.
- Uploaded 2 new podcast interviews over on iTunes - one with veteran VO Dan Hurst, and the other with YouTube sensation and master impressionist Brian Hull.
Quotable Quote: "Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."
- Jim Rohn
Podcast Epiosde I Enjoyed: My good friend Jason Noxon suggested EO Fire's episode with Jeff Goins titled Real Artists Don't Starve. It's full of great insight for artists of any kind (including VOs!)
Book I'm Reading: I've been reading more fiction lately and since I'm in a Western mood with my latest audiobook, I decided to read True Grit based on a recommendation by Tim Ferris. Can't beat reading a classic!
If you come across any great quotes, podcasts, or other inspirations that you want me to share, let me know over on Twitter at @mlenzvoice, and put #mikelenzvoice in the tweet so I can find it.
All the best!Mike
Mike Lenz is an entrepreneur, professional voice actor, audio book narrator, author, podcast host, husband and father. His ebook, Paid To Talk, is available on amazon.com, his podcast, Mike Lenz Voice – A Journey Into Voice Acting, can be heard on iTunes, and his online course, 5 Steps To Start (and Grow) Your Voice-Over Career, can be found at vosuccess.com. Mike also offers one-on-one coaching sessions for aspiring voice actors. Mike is passionate about sharing stories from amazing and inspiring people from all areas of the voice-over industry, as well as sharing his insights with aspiring voice actors around the world. Mike lives in Saratoga Springs, NY with his wife and 4 children (and 2 cats, 1 dog, and 4 chickens...)