Getting started in VO is hard enough without the added pressure that comes with diving in full-time.
There is a way to alleviate some of that pressure and have a lot of fun. It might not be as sexy as saying you're a full-time voice actor, but I can assure you that the checks are still cashable!
I know you're busy so I'll only take a minute. Just a quick update on what happened in my VO world in February (part-time):
- Completed the narration of an educational coursebook titled Behavior and Family Dynamics. This book is used by college students as part of their coursework and is a great study of the interaction between children and families in a variety of societal settings.
- Finished up the voicing of an E-learning project for a Statistics course.
- Voiced a corporate Explainer Video which laid out plans to streamline the internal communications for the company.
- Continued work on the narration of another E-learning course on Welding.
- Started on yet another E-learning project in which I provide the VO services for an audio/video piece promoting a book series on Ethical Hacking.
- Continued my Commercial training with my coach Marc Cashman, and began Audiobook training with my coach Sean Pratt.
- Posted 3 new podcast interviews over on iTunes with amazing VO talents Ray Chase, Sean Pratt, and Pam Tierney.
Here's the thing - - all of the items on my updated list were done part-time - working in the margins of my day.
I say that not to pat myself on the back but rather to let you know that it can be done!
I hope your month was productive and you made some strides in your journey as well. Keep working on your dream - even if you can only do it part-time (for now!)
All the best,
Mike Lenz is an entrepreneur, professional voice actor, audio book narrator, author, podcast host, husband and father. His ebook, Paid To Talk, is available on amazon.com, his podcast, Mike Lenz Voice – A Journey Into Voice Acting, can be heard on iTunes, and his online course, 5 Steps To Start (and Grow) Your Voice-Over Career, can be found at vosuccess.com. Mike is passionate about sharing stories from amazing and inspiring people from all areas of the voice-over industry, as well as sharing his insights with aspiring voice actors around the world. Mike lives in Saratoga Springs, NY with his wife and 4 children.